Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Monday, October 10, 2005

Getting Started

Since you children all know my technical ineptitude, you will not be surprised that I have been struggling to figure out how to begin blogging for several months. My first difficulty was in getting to the blog I had registered back in January. I could not remember the particular details of its title (if that's what blogs have) and address. Even now, I'm not sure if I've created two more blogs in an effort to revise my initial title, and I'm guessing the only way to find out (at least for me to discover this on my own) is to give it a try.

But my larger difficulty is in actually committing words to print. It's so much easier spouting words out into the air by phone than to have the discipline of writing them down and taking responsibility for their existence. I do reserve the right to retract foolish remarks, and hope you will forgive and forget them.

I decided that in order to "blog" I must have a stated purpose in mind. I am writing these thoughts for my scattered children--in Colorado, Indiana, and Louisiana. In particular, I want to keep a journal of my thought and reactions to the events of the new adventure upon which we are about to embark. As you now all know, Pop has resigned his position here and is looking for a call--preferably in a (much) cooler climate. Writing my thoughts down will allow me to share the daily developments in our search for a new "home" while, I am hopeful, keeping me from complaining and gossiping.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Matthew R. Crum said...

Your blog looks great Mom!! If you need any technical help, ask Ben...if you need vocabulary help, ask Jon...if you've seen a good movie recently, tell Peter...and if you want a score or some random sports talk...I'm the son to ask!!
Love,
Matt

6:46 PM  
Blogger mom said...

Hey Matt,
I'm glad you found me! Tell me how you did it so I can tell the others.
Love,
Mom

7:43 PM  
Blogger Matthew R. Crum said...

Type in your blogger address:
http://jillcrum.blogspot.com/
- Matt

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tell me how you did it so I can tell the others"

Mom, that's really cute. Sorry if "cute" isn't complimentary, but it needn't be offensive either. I'm really excited about your new blog--a nice way to keep up with you and the rest of the family. I may not be able to check it often, but I will, if possible.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hi Jill,
I may not be family in the blood sense, but I count myself family as I am your sister in Christ. Welcome to the blogging world. I had just told someone I would love it if you blogged, and here you are! I am also in the blogging world, and although my posts vary in depth and ability, at least I am having a chance to "think out loud."

Will be praying for you all and your dear husband's new church call, wherever it may be. Let us know!
Blessings, Kim J.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home