Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Monday, April 19, 2010

Technology

I bet you expect me to say how much I hate technology and wish we were back in the horse and buggy days. Jesse asked me just today if gasoline is "rare". I think he was contemplating its high price. When I described the process of refining oil drilled from rock to get gasoline he thought it was complicated and suggested going back to horses if we ran out of gas. I imagined the mess it would be if everyone on the little stretch of road I was traveling were on horseback instead of in cars, not to mention the amount of hay and oats it would take to fuel all those horses!

No, I'm writing to tell you how much I am appreciating technology tonight. Why? I remembered looking at airline ticket prices online so that Pop and Stephen can fly to Missouri for Nate and Katie's wedding. (Pop teaches on Tuesday nights in Philadelphia and I need to leave Tuesday morning for the two-day road trip.) I remember making reservations at the hotel. I remember booking a flight for Stephen for spring break. But I could not remember booking the flight for Pop and Stephen to Missouri. I knew I meant to, but I couldn't find a receipt, a confirmation email, or paper ticket. Hurray for online banking. I was able to scroll through a BOAT-load of debit purchases and find a paypal purchase of approximately the correct amount. Then I went to paypal to identify my purchases over the past three months (only 4 this time). How do you spell "wha-la"? Hurrah! Now I just need to find a confirmation number to check the itinerary, yikes! I hope I emailed a confirmation to Pop.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bob Burger said...

Voila! Praise God for the helpful use of technology!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Ginny said...

Jill, I agree with you--I appreciate technology. Just tonight I was thinking about how difficult it would be to do what I do if I didn't have hot and cold running water. Dishes, laundry, bathing, cooking, etc.

Plus, if our society were to go back to horse-and-buggy days, think of all the injuries and deaths as we tried to relearn all of the skills our forefathers grew up with regarding animal husbandry. Would I really want to put my entire family in the back of a buckboard and head off to town? I don't think so.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

Mom, I think the phrase you were searching for was "BUTT" load --- not boat...

3:31 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

Mom, I think the phrase you were searching for was "BUTT" load, not boat...

3:32 PM  
Blogger Ten Nebula said...

Peace and light,Jill

I enjoy your blog.
I hope all is unfolding in your life in ease, harmony, joy, and abundance!
Have a great 2011!


Bright Blessings,

Ten Nebula
www.Tennebula.blogspot.com

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home