Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm Thankful for the Things I Can Do

I can't wiggle my toes.
I can't walk in my Earth shoe sandals because my toes can't grip them and hang on.
I can't roll my right foot from heel to toe when I walk.
I can't drive.

I can type. I can think. I can talk. I can sing. I can cook. I can teach. I can understand jokes. I can watch movies. I can read. I can go to church. I can talk on the phone. I can go grocery shopping (if someone else drives). I can follow directions. I can taste food. I can hear. I can take a shower. I can dress myself. I can make a pot of tea. I can draw. I can cut with scissors. I can walk, slowly. I can pray. I can write. I can remember. I can sleep. I can play games. I can see....

I am much more thankful for all the things I can do than I am bothered by the things I can't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathaniel said...

I'm glad I can be one of your sons.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Lovinglizbeth said...

Much better from being negative :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home