Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My External Hard Drive

For the past ten years or more, according to Dr. Olivi, my brain has been harboring a small, benign (we hope) tumor on its surface. As it has gradually grown, it has pushed the brain aside to make room for itself. Now, the brain is fighting back with edema; it has swollen near the tumor, which is on the top left side of my brain, just about in the middle of the top of my head. Because of the location, near a major vein and between two "tributaries", the doctor believes it is best to remove it sooner than later. There is a clear definition to the tumor which should make it easier to remove without damaging the surrounding brain tissue. Pop and I have been planning a two-week trip to Great Britain, as you know, and the doctor says that may go ahead as scheduled. I need to be careful to rest when tired (when have I not done that!) due to a slight possibility of seizures. So, we leave for London on July 21st and return home on August 6th. I will be scheduling the surgery for the week of August 17th, if the doctor's schedule allows.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

We are praying for you. If therer is anything more we can do, please let me know. Love you!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

Mom, the message you sent me said 'Eternal Hard Drive' and I was trying to figure that out... this makes more sense :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger mom said...

I'd keep an "eternal hard drive".

5:07 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Have just heard the news and am praying. Shared with a few. Will send them your blog address so they can read. Obviously you are "still Jill" as I see your humor in some of your thoughts... Hugs from the midland!
Kim

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home