Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Curriculum Guide for "Cooking"

Proverbs 31: 14, 15 (ESV)
She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar.
She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household
and portions for her maidens.
This course would include the topics of:
menu/meal planning
food budgeting
shopping
food preparation
serving
nutrition
food preservation

It would also address hospitality and stewardship.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps a related gardening segment as well. Some might be more likely to garden if they knew what to do with what they might grow.

Then again, those of us who have allergies to everything under the sun might still refrain from gardening. But, for now I have a young gardener who would benefit from knowing how to plan the planting so as to plan the cooking/canning/preserving.

Just a thought...
Kim

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, Kim!
I'm not the gardener, David is, but enjoyed canning tomatoes and applesauce when we lived on Kirby Road.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Jill -
This is a great list! Are you thinking out loud or planning on teachimg it? We have a homemaking unit coming up for our ladies' Bible Study (and later for MOPS, I think) which will address some of these topics. I'm going to teach about menu planning, which I learned from you years ago! (I resisted, but I now consider working from a master menu plan the most significant thing in bringing order to my kitchen.)

Speaking of which, I seem to remember you posting about your menu plan on your blog, but I can't seem to find it. I'd like to include a link for the ladies. Do you still have that post up?

With love,
Anne

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home