Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yellow Legal Pads

Yellow legal pads are one of my favorite things. I've got a stack of them with notes on different subjects. I even like the black band across the top that holds the pages together, but if it were a lighter color I would use that space for giving each pad a title. These pads are a good tooth for either pen or pencil (my preference), and I don't mind tearing pages off if I've made mistakes.

I keep notes on Bible studies, school studies, and future plans. I've had one plan simmering in the back of my mind which I thought was for the future. When all the children are gone from home, or at least a bit more independent, I'm hoping to organize a "Titus 2" school for young(er) women who want to be busy at home, loving their husbands and children in a godly manner. The school would have a practical emphasis with a theoloogical foundation. I've been taking some notes on the classes to be offered, recognizing that I am not qualified to teach many of them--any of the sewing classes, for example. I even have a faculty "dream team" in mind, including Anne Wegener and Leslie Taylor.

Schools do not organize themselves, nor do the curriculm and lesson plans write themselves. There's no reason why I couldn't be working on those things now. I realized. A curriculum guide would be a good first step, followed by the particulars for each class. Therefore, this blog will be taking on an expanded focus. It will still present my thoughts for my children, near and far, but now it will also contain the seeds of this developing curriculum. While this may not be of interest to my sons, I hope that others who occasionally visit will benefit from any practical wisdom (and will offer helpful feedback). Up first--Cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home