Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Church Search Update 7

We are back from Baltimore after a most emotionally overcharged two days. Our flights were uneventful, non-stop, on time. We were met by George, a member of the search committee and vestry, who took us for a comprehensive tour of the communities surrounding the church. After lunch we had more tour, then a brief respite before dinner. The dinner at church was followed by a more informal interview than the last--this time with the vestry. They adjourned to the pastor's office and ten minutes later asked Pop and me to join them. Then and there they offered him the position of rector (senior pastor). I was completely surprised, having expected negotiations of terms and longer deliberations. Pop did not give them an answer without having opportunity to pray about it and discuss it with me, although he made it clear he was honored and humbled.

I was exhausted by the long, full day and slept soundly. We had breakfast with about a dozen vestry and search committee members; a tour of the house we have been offered rent-free for three months while house hunting; and more community sight-seeing before a quick lunch and return to the airport.

My head was still reeling and I was very glad for the distraction of John Grisham's The Broker on the plane but I could not even begin to come to grips with the speed of the whole process. Even now my mind is racing with all that needs to be done before we leave, and all that we will need to do to settle into a new community.

Pop is preparing to accept Bishop Cummins call. I am still pondering the "what if's" of Kentucky, but am content with Maryland. It is nice to have Matt, Jon and Nate home and to switch gears to Advent and Christmas again. Keep praying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home