Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Transitions 2

A few days ago I was feeling claustrophobic. This was not the comfortable hedge surrounding the believer--God's protection and security. It was a confusing, chaotic lack of focus with a sense of pressing demands that left me feeling trapped. I knew there was so much to be done and I had no way of determining what to do first. I am grateful that that feeling passed and today the momentum toward moving day feels more like a steady march than a headlong plunge. God's hedge of protection is never stifling; there is always sufficient breathing room as He calms and gives rest. I am thankful for the Sabbath. I will greatly enjoy a day of rest and refreshment.

The children have packed their duffle bags with the clothes they'll need while staying in SC, and backpacks with "entertainments" for the trip. Their underbed boxes are packed with the toys and comforts they will most want in the temporary house in MD and have been labeled with blue dots. Blue dots are on all the things (or containers of things) going to the temporary house. All other household boxes and furniture will be going into storage. I've put blue dots on pictures and furniture. There are blue dots on the kitchen cupboards and bedroom closets containing things to be packed for the house, and a table with "blue dotted" items in the dining room ready for packing. I'll need to go around first thing Monday morning to make sure everything that needs a blue dot has been taken care of. That's when the packer, Bob, and his assistant will be coming to finish getting everything into boxes.

Pop got the garage almost completely packed up before he left for Colorado. He's having a great time, from the sound of his voice, but suffering a little from altitude sickness. It's hard to drink enough water to stave it off. He returns late Monday night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

Mom, you're awesome

10:30 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I agree with Ben, Jill!

Your organization and wisdom is amazing. I'm praying for all of you in these intense weeks as you make the move, meet your new congregation, enroll your children in schools, etc.
- Anne

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home