Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Next Chapter

When we first visited Bishop Cummins I saw a notice posted near the pastor's office door advertising the need for teachers at the sister Reformed Episcopal church school, St. Stephen's Classical Christian School. The opening that interested me was for secondary humanities--history, Bible, literature and writing. I applied for that position, but did not get it. Instead, I was offered and have agreed to teach 5th grade, and possibly secondary level Biology, beginning in September.

Stephen, Elisabeth, William and Jesse will attend the school, so this will be a new chapter in their lives, too.

I am hoping to have the stamina to sustain the course load. I will probably be teaching history and Bible (integrated with writing and literature), grammar, math, and Latin daily, (plus science less regularly) if I have "only" the 5th grade. I don't know what will drop from that schedule if I am teaching Biology, too. Most fifty-three year old teachers are looking forward to retiring, not just beginning their classroom careers!

Please pray for me as I begin writing lesson plans this summer, and for the younger children who are anxious about whether they will survive in the new environment.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Matthew R. Crum said...

I think we all know if anyone can handle a load of stress, and still find time to read more books then Oprah, then it is you mom!! You might actually find that teaching students that aren't your own children is less frustrating (I know I was a handful). Passing on some news via your blog...I got into the school of ed. this week, so that was an answered prayer. Now it will be four semesters instead of five until I graduate.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill,
This is Rita Sleys. You may remember me from Bloomington. Your son Matt is right. You are an extraordinary Godly woman and I still tell everyone that I want to be you when I grow up!

May God bless you in your new chapter!

Rita

5:46 PM  
Blogger mom said...

Hi Rita,
Of course, I remember you. In fact, you come to mind every time I think of writing a book. You said you'd buy anything I publish!
I'd love to hear more about what's going on in your life now.
Love, Jill

9:32 AM  
Blogger mom said...

Hi Anna,
I know that uncertainty about the future can be frustrating (and even frightening), but even the waiting has a refining purpose. I hope the Lord soon provides you with a job that matches your skills and personality.
Love, Mrs. C

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill,
Please send your personal e-mail address to me at stay@rosemontinnbb.com and I'd be glad to update you. Our lives have been full of changes since we left Bloomington, much like yours.

Rita

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home