Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Humbling Experience

I was recently reading the blog of a dear friend who credited me with pointing her in the right direction in her thinking about God. Oh, Kim, you don't know the mix of emotions that welled up in my heart all at once. Some, of the more prideful kind that I try so hard not to cherish and stroke, but others, like fear, that give me (proper) pause to consider the value of my speech.

"O, LORD, let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight. Let my hearers remember only the things that are True and point them to You. Keep a guard over my mouth and give me a humble heart. Forgive me for the times I speak in haste, or only to hear myself talk. Let my words be Your instrument to build others up in the faith. For Christ's sake."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Steer clear of the pride, dear heart. It is one of the idols God has been bashing down in me. I have found that to be a painful process indeed!

It is when we are focused on God, listening to Him and waiting to follow His command that we find ourselves being used. I often used to hope I would have some "Big Task" I might achieve for His sake. And yet, I find that even a few words, a hug or the simple day to day slog are what counts as serving him. Am I willing to get up each day, to NOT turn from His word when the daily drudge is hard? Am I willing to carefully weigh my words in order that when someone years for now recalls my words it turns out that the words are not my own, but His? That is when I am accomplishing the "Big Task."

You simply spoke God's words to me. He did the bigget job, he changed my heart. However, you listened and obeyed, so He was also working in your heart. If we take pride at all, it will be in His works, and we will thankfully give Him the glory. After all, that is our chief end!
Shalom, Kim

Putting on the full armor of God daily, that...
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Ephesians 6:18-20

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home