Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Google Video

Google Video has an amazing short film in the Top 100--"Amazing Juggling Finale". I don't know how to create a link for you to go there directly, but it's worth the time to google the web site. Peter, in particular, will enjoy it.

Also available is a video I put on the Google Video site. Ben, this is not the film I thought I was submitting. My final cut has better transitions, and music, but when I tried to upload it yesterday it wasn't in an acceptable format. I used the same editing program for both. Can you advise me how to correct this.
Anyway, if you want to see the original, soundless, version you can type in "Crum" and pull up my video as well as some of Ben's and Peter's.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I watched the video you made Mom, kind of reminded me of The Last of the Mohicans, beautiful yet sad... No, I'm sorry maybe it reminded me of the waterfall scene in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, I liked Morgan Freeman in that movie.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

mom. just an idea, but I think I would stay away from the particle dissolve transition. you might also want to steer clear of star wipes and 3D cube transitions.

9:41 AM  
Blogger mom said...

I don't know what those are, Ben, but I'll avoid them if I can. (Was William climbing the rocks a particle dissolve transition?) I was able to get the editor's cut uploaded to Google but am still waiting for them to put it online. I had used punctuation marks in my file name. As soon as I got rid of those it went through.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

umm, no that was some sort of wipe (box wipe maybe?) - a cross-dissolve is the most common transition (where one picture or video clip simply fades out to reveal another clip). The particle dissolve just looks like random dots fading, not a uniform fade... I don't know how else to describe it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Crum said...

... and Peter, which waterfall scene are you talking about? I hope you mean the Little John one

4:27 PM  
Blogger mom said...

The editor's cut is now available at Google videos. Maybe in the future I'll learn how to make a link directly from my blog!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home