Jill's Crumbs

WELCOME to this on-line journal of my thoughts and of the events of our lives written for my children, near and far. And now featuring the work-in-progress curriculum guide for the Titus 2 Institute.

Name:
Location: Catonsville, Maryland

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Exhausted!

Yes, I'm exhausted! The first two days of school have sped by and I haven't accomplished all that I set out to do in those two days, but there are many more to come and I'm hoping soon to get into a good rhythm. I'm enjoying every class I have--math, grammar/writing, spelling, biology, history/literature, and Bible. I still feel like I'm in homeschool co-op mode--I'm surprised every time I say good-bye to a class that the next time I'll see them is (not next week, but) tomorrow!

The Lord graciously gave me what I had not felt free to ask--complete relief from Latin! I was working at learning it and asked the headmaster for help--which he was willing to provide, but it was the upper school humanities teacher who gave me the best gift. He exchanged his fourth grade spelling class for my fifth grade Latin III! He now teaches back-to-back Latin classes while I teach back-to-back spelling. I hope he is as content as I am.

Stephen, Elisabeth, William and Jesse have made an easier transition than I expected. Each one likes his teacher and classmates. Jesse was happy to get a check plus on his first math paper. William likes math best, but he also likes reading Grimms' fairy tales. Stephen told his teacher everything but math is his favorite subject. Elisabeth will enjoy the competition--and the friendships.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger TomZach Crum said...

Are any of the little ones taking Latin? Do they keep the same teacher throughout the entire day? Glad to hear things are going well up there mom. Say hi to everyone for me!

12:00 PM  
Blogger mom said...

Stephen, Elisabeth and William all have Latin. Jesse and William each have only one teacher all day. Elisabeth has two different teachers. Stephen has three.

7:54 PM  
Blogger TomZach Crum said...

Wow. I remember back in Indiana I tried learning Latin with Jon and Nate when we were all homeschooled. Didn't turn out very well for me, cause I wasn't doing it long. I remember some of the vocab though, that's about it!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Et 2 brutey?

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home